One of the highlights of the year that makes Kingwood a great place to call home is the 4th of July celebrations for 2008. Kicking off at 6:00 am with a Fishing Rodeo, continuing with a Bike Decorating Contest and 4th of July parade, and ending with a spectacular fireworks display at Town Center Park, Kingwood residents know how to celebrate with gusto.
If you have been pining for the opportunity to demonstrate the perfect parade wave, you too can be a part of the annual July 4th tradition.
The Fourth of July parade is organized by the Kingwood Civic Club, as are the Fishing Rodeo and Bike Rodeo . Entries for nonprofit organizations are free. A minimum donation of $30 is suggested for commercial entries. To register an entry, contact the Lake Houston YMCA at 281.360.2500.
4th of July Schedule
- 6:00 am - Fishing Rodeo (Fosters Mill Pond) sponsored by the Kingwood Civic Club
- 8:00 am - Bike Decorating Contest (Creekwood Middle School) sponsored by the Kingwood Civic Club
- 10:00 am - Fourth of July Parade (Feather Lakes/West Lake Houston Pkwy/Kingwood Dr) sponsored by the Kingwood Civic Club
- 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm - HEB July 4th Festival, Town Center Park
- Dusk - Kingwood fireworks display, Town Center Park
July 5th Festivities
Alspaughs Street Dance: Continue the celebration of our nation's freedom at the 14th annual Alspaughs BBQ and Street dance. Bring the lawn chairs and coolers at 6 pm. The band will begin at 7 pm and will wrap up at 11 pm. The event is free to the public
Festivity Location Map