KINGWOOD, TX, March 1, 2007 -- Amy’s Angels, a Texas-based, nonprofit, non-denominational organization dedicated to providing support, resources and remembrance items to individuals and families who experience pregnancy and infant loss from conception to one year of age, is having its First Annual Amy’s Angels BBQ Fundraiser and Benefit on Saturday, March 24, 2007 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Magnolia Ballroom.
Amy’s Angels promotes awareness of the issues faced by families who experience infant loss, as well as promote awareness of Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS). TTTS, recently featured on the Discovery Health Channel: Twins in Peril and ABC’s Prime Time Medical Mysteries, is a potentially life-threatening condition that affects identical twin pregnancies. The condition exists when blood passes disproportionately between twins with a shared placenta.
“We are trying to reach as many parents as possible both locally and nationally. We currently provide support via online message boards, brochures, bereavement boxes and an online shop. We can only continue to broaden our reach with help from the community,” said Amy Rocka, founder of For the Love of Angels “Amy’s Angels.”
All proceeds from the event will allow Amy’s Angels Foundation to provide bereaved parents with boxes filled with teddy bears, handmade remembrance blankets, handmade burial gowns, disposable cameras and folders filled with grief information, poems, songs and other resources for comfort and healing. Proceeds will also be used to further TTTS research by providing local healthcare providers with informational resources.
The BBQ benefit and fundraiser will feature live music by Lone Star Revue, door prizes, raffles and a silent auction. BBQ plates of BBQ brisket, sausage links, potato salad, baked beans, bread, pickles and onions will be $7.00 each. Hot dog baskets are $4.50 each. Raffle tickets are $1.00 each.
To learn more about Amy’s Angels or to purchase tickets to the First Annual Amy’s Angels BBQ Fundraiser and Benefit, visit www.amysangels.com or call Amy’s Angels at 281-354-8889.
Some items for raffle and auction include:
· Professional teeth whitening system from Dr. Paul Bozzo valued at $445
· Couple’s get away stay at The Homewood Suites with dinner included valued at $300
· Date night baskets that include a babysitter, dinner, and movies with limo service valued at $350.
· Dance lessons from Fred Astaire Dance Studio valued at $375
· Scuba lessons from Scuba Sea Sports valued at $250
· Swim lessons from Swim and Sea Sports
· Many restaurant gift cards
· Golf lessons for four with teaching professional Aurora Kirchnew-McClain
· Golf invitation for four at Oakhurst Golf Club
· Golf invitation for four at World Houston Golf Course
· Massage with Bridgett Kelso at All Around Massage and Skin Care
· Mystery Dinner Theater package
· Much, much more.
All proceeds from the event will allow Amy’s Angels Foundation to help families who suffer infant loss and further TTTS research. You can purchase your tickets for the benefit and make monetary donations securely online at www.amysangels.com under “SHOP” or by calling 281-354-8889.