"Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." Albert Einstein
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci
Keep It Simple Sweetie” Unknown
More and more we are caught up in the chaos of everyday living! Not only do we feel stretched and stressed, but does all that we do and have make our lives fulfilling and honor our priorities? This summer make the choice to simplify.
What does simplicity mean to you?
We are always in the middle of life’s “swirl”….! It takes stepping back and taking the time to reflect, decide, and write down what we want to really get out of life and what we want to give back to others.
- Are you getting worn down by the clutter of things in your life?
- Are you ready to free yourself from being owned by your belongings and make the decision to be mindful of what we own and what that entails?
- Are you feeling stretched by the commitments of your life?
- Is the word “should” the best description of your daily life?
Living a simpler life is a decision that creates quality of life for us. Write down a statement that creates your vision of simplicity. This can become your daily mantra to keep you on track on your life journey.
Ways to Simplify
Not sure where to start with simplifying? Choose one way and take baby steps to simplify.
- For your space - declutter by taking 5 items you don’t use or love to your local donation spot each week.
- For your finances- you can sign up for automatic payment. Your bills can be automatically debited from your checking account.
- For your family- you can begin family dinners by creating a rotation of 9 simple family loved meals. These can include sandwiches, crock pot meals, or breakfast for dinner. Include your family in preparing these too!
- For your routines- you can have this be the start of something truly life changing! If the task can be accomplished in 3 minutes or less, make the commitment to ”just do it!” This includes the dishes in the sink, going through your mail, or folding clothes and putting them away.
- For yourself- choose to eliminate one obligation and add 15 minutes of “serenity” time to your week.
Choose Simplicity This Summer
Committing to take just one small initial step will help you to feel how simplifying can make a real difference in your life. With this choice you are beginning your journey to spending time, effort and money on what is really important to you and your family!
Need help simplifying or want to learn more organizing tips, visit www.professional-organizer.com. Happy organizing, Ellen
Ellen R. Delap, CPO®
Making Time and Space for what's important to you!
Certified Professional Organizer®
Member/Past President NAPO Houston
Member National Association of Professional Organizers
Member National Study Group on Chronic Disorganization